Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Top 5 Books of December 2012

Each month I post a list of the books I read and what my top five favorite books of the month were.  Here's all the books I read in December:

- Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
- Jane by April Lindner
- Radiant by Cynthia Hand
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Endlessly by Kiersten White
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Out of Reach by Carrie Arcos
- Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer
- A Girl Named Digit by Annabel Monaghan
- Flash Point by Nancy Kress
- The Kingdom by Bryan M. Litfin
- Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Liberator by Bryan Davis
- From the Mouth of Elijah by Bryan Davis
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Venom by Fiona Paul
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
- The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
- Survive by Alex Morel

I was able to read more books than I expected, since I had more free time over Christmas break.  While there were a handful of books I disliked this month, I read lots of fantastic books.

1. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  Any time I read a JLA book, it always ends up number one on my "top 5 books of the month" post.  Opal is no exception.  This book was heartbreaking, gorgeous, awesome, and had one of the worst cliffhangers EVER.  I can't wait for Origin to come out in July.

2. Reached by Ally Condie.  There's something so poetic and lovely about Condie's writing, and the strong characters she creates.  Reached was a wonderful ending to the Matched series, and I cannot wait to see what this talented author writes next.

3. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna.  Oh, this book was good.  Unlike anything I've ever read.  It grabbed my attention immediately and I could not put down this heartbreaking story of one girl's right to live.  Very highly recommended.

4. Crewel by Gennifer Albin.  This is one of my favorite new dystopians.  I don't care if you're sick of dystopians.  Read this.  It will blow away all your expectations with its creativity.

5. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill.  This book was full of win!  It was so cute and funny.  The characters were so lovable and that unexpected twist at the end was awesome!  If you're looking for a lighthearted, girly read, try this.

Honorable mentions go to The Dark Unwinding, Throne of Glass, and Venom!

What are some of your favorite reads from this past month?  Leave a comment and let me know. :)

~ The Bookworm

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these yet, but I want to so badly. I just got a copy of Obsidian and Onyx and I can't wait to read those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you're able to soon! And that's awesome that you have Obsidian and Onyx. :D They are so amazing!

      Delete