I was able to read a whole lot of books last month since it was summer and I had lots of free time. So I thought, why not make a list of my favorites? First, here's a list of all the books I read during August:
- Splendor by Anna Godbersen
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
- Dark Companion by Marta Acosta
- Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
- First Test by Tamora Pierce
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
- The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
- Page by Tamora Pierce
- The Blue Door by Christa Kinde
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
- Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
- Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGrarry
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
- We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
- Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Wow. Okay, that was more books than I thought I'd read, LOL. Well, it's hard to pick just five favorites, but here they are:
1. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This book is made of awesome. I laughed, cried, and yes, I admit it, I may even have swooned a bit (Edit: make that a LOT). Basically, I was a puddle of emotions by the end of the book. JLA is the definition of an amazing writer.
2. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. Oh boy, I just love this book to death. It's so sweet and light and funny! I enjoyed it so much more than I expected. And I totally laughed out loud, pretty much the whole way through the book. So. Good!
3. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols. Sigh. This book is, in one word, breathtaking. Echols' writing is gorgeous and powerful, and I was completely involved in the story. It was different from anything I've ever read. Beautiful!
4. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Ahh, what a fantastic story. I don't think I've ever smiled so much while reading! (George. I love George! He is adorableness personified!) I felt so much of what the characters were going through. It was a very satisfying, heartwarming read.
5. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long. Finally! A solid fantasy read about faeries that is actually well-written. I loved every moment in this spellbinding world. And I felt so much for Jack and all that he went through, and how he came out of it. Truly magical!
So there you go! Those are my top five books that I read during August. Close favorites were The Goddess Legacy, Twenty Boy Summer, and Inside Out.
Any thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them! Tell me if you've read any of the books on my list, or what some of your favorites from August were!
~ The Bookworm