Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Broke and Bookish. Each week a new list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their choices. This week's topic is "Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2012."
My Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2012:
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout. She's one of my favorite authors ever now! If you haven't picked up one of her books yet, then you are seriously missing out on some awesome books.
2. Anna Godbersen. I just read the Luxe series this summer and it was sooo good. I love historical books and hers were so much fun to read!
3. Rae Carson. The Girl of Fire and Thorns and its sequel, Crown of Embers, are some of the best fantasy books I've read this year. Rae Carson has created a wonderful fantasy world with compelling characters.
4. Rachel Harris. I adored Harris's debut book, My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. I can't wait for the sequel to come out next year!
5. Cynthia Hand. Unearthly and Hallowed are, without a doubt, the best YA books about angels that I've ever read. Not only has this author created a totally awesome main character, but she's also written one of the best love triangles I've ever read!
6. Michael Grant. I love the Gone series. As in, love, love, love it. Those books are jaw-droppingly-good and creepy in the very best way. I cannot wait for the final installment in his series!
7. Veronica Rossi. She is a seriously talented author. I had the opportunity to read in ARC of Through the Ever Night, the sequel to Under the Never Sky, and it is amazing! (And Roar is one of my favorite characters ever! Squee)
8. Beth Revis. Oh, her books are so good. They're so thought-provoking and beautifully written! Plus, I love that this author is also a Doctor Who fan! :)
9. Brodi Ashton. I loved her YA debut, Everneath. One of the best Greek mythology books ever! The story was so heartbreakingly beautiful.
10. John Green. Let's face it, everyone, John Green is a genius. The Fault in Our Stars, my favorite book of 2012, is a masterpiece. (Yes, I read it in four hours straight and sobbed for a half hour when I finished it. It was that good.)
I'd love it if you leave links to your Top Ten Tuesday in the comments so I can check them out! :)
~ The Bookworm