Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish. Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices. This week's topic is "Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition."
My Top Ten, in no particular order:
1. Megan Whalen Turner. Her books are my all-time favorites, and I'm so sad that they're not more well-known. Seriously, she is one of the BEST fantasy writers ever. When I finished one of her books, The King of Attolia, I loved it so much that I immediately reread it upon finishing it. She's that good.
2. Lisa T. Bergren. I'm absolutely in love with her River of Time series, and I really wish more people knew about it! It's a great blend of historical fiction and time travel, and so much fun!
3. Sarah Strohmeyer. Her contemporary books are just the cutest ever. They're perfect for a light summer read. You definitely don't want to miss out on this author's books.
4. Rachel Harris. I freakin' love Rachel Harris's books! They're such a delight to read, and they have it all: swoon-worthy boys, smart heroines, time travel, lots of LOL moments, snappy dialogue, and fast-paced plots. I could go on, but need I say more? She's awesome!
5. Jennifer L. Armentrout. Actually, JLA is pretty popular in the blogging world. But her work is published by publishing companies that aren't majorly well-known, so most bookstores never even have her books in stock. Which is sad, because she's insanely talented and one of my favorite writers ever.
6. Brigid Kemmerer. I love how she writes such original paranormal books, and her stories are always unputdownable and filled with swoony guys and action-packed plots. Really, her books are much better than most paranormal fiction being published nowadays.
7. Rae Carson. I adore her Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy. So inventive and detailed for YA fantasy. I wish more people would take the time to read her books - they're fantastic.
8. Jessica Day George. Another fantasy writer, I've been in love with Jessica's books since I was 11 or 12. I can't even count how many times I've read them - I know I've read a couple of them at least 5 or 6 times. If you like fairytale retellings, definitely check out her books.
9. Jenny B. Jones. I'm convinced that this author can write about anything and make me laugh. Seriously, her books are so funny. She has the most hilarious sense of humor and all her characters are really relatable. Great contemporary writer.
10. Eva Ibbotson. Most people have never even heard of Eva Ibbotson, but her books are some of my favorite historical fiction ever. (They're great for Downton Abbey fans, by the way!) She writes such gorgeous prose and her books are just a joy to read.
Okay, this was a looong list - guess I tend to ramble. :) What's on your TTT today? Feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog!
~ The Bookworm