Thursday, July 18, 2013

ARC Review: A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris


Goodreads summary:

Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?


My review:

A Tale of Two Centuries is such a delightful read!  I love Rachel Harris's books.  They're light and fluffy, and yet they also have such well-developed characters and storylines.  Plus, there's time travel!  It doesn't get much better than that. :)

Less is an amazing heroine.  She's very sweet and kindhearted, and I felt so bad for her as she struggles to adjust to living in the modern world.  And I love the friendship between her and Cat - I love how they both come from such different lives and yet they're so close to each other.  And Austin!  Eep!  He and Less were so cute, and I loved watching their relationship grow.

But A Tale of Two Centuries isn't just about romance.  I also enjoyed the way it deals with important decisions in Less's life as she tries to figure out where she belongs - the modern world, or the world that she's lived in all her life.  And the ending is so very perfect and satisfying.  I was hooked until the very last page!

I'd recommend this book for anyone looking for an addictive summer read.  I'm so excited there's going to be a third book in this series!

Favorite quote: "I have learned that our world is filled with two kinds of people: old souls, and people who were born before their time."

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars

~ The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment