Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish. Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices. This week's topic is "Top Ten Best/Worst Book to Movie Adaptations."
My Top Ten (five best are first, and then the five worst):
1. Hunger Games. I was so blown away by the movie. I was shocked by what an amazing job they did at keeping it close to the book. The acting, setting, dialogue...it was all there. Everything I'd hoped it would be and more.
2. Pride & Prejudice. I'm talking the Keira Knightley version here. *ducks from any flying missiles* I KNOW, the BBC miniseries is waaay better at sticking to all the book's details, but I just love the version with Keira. She's exactly how I imagine Elizabeth.
3. Lord of the Rings. This is pretty much the only case in which I actually prefer the movies to the books. I dearly love the series and have read it twice, but it's just so slow. Love the movies.
4. Jane Eyre. I like both the 2006 and 2011 adaptations - they're both very faithful to the details of the book and the acting is jaw-droppingly good.
5. Chronicles of Narnia. The first one is best, and the second and third are still okay, even though they greatly differ from the books. But, despite the fact that the movies are a lot different, they still capture the spirit of the books, so I like them.
6. Percy Jackson. I have to admit, this movie is like a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, it's nothing like the book and every time I watch it, I get annoyed at everything they messed up. Yet it's still such a fun movie. Definitely a love/hate relationship.
7. Beastly. Again, this was extremely different from the book, yet it's still entertaining in its own way. It could've been a lot better, but I still enjoyed it.
8. Inkheart. What was up with this? Nothing like the book. And let's face it, Brendan Fraser's acting is absolutely awful.
9. Eragon. I have to admit I never finished the book because I found it boring, but I decided to see the movie out of curiosity. Ugh. Terrible acting and so many ridiculously cheesy moments.
10. Ella Enchanted. This movie was an absolute nightmare, considering how what a classic and childhood favorite of mine the book is. The only thing that made me able to sit through it was Anne Hathaway, and even then her acting isn't so great in this movie.
What movies are on your TTT today?
~ The Bookworm