Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Top 5 Books of June 2013

I'm going to be gone for the first week of July, so I'm just going to go ahead with my "favorite books of June" post.  Usually, at the beginning of each month, I post a list of the books I read and what my favorites were from the previous month.  Here's all the books I read in June:

- Asunder by Jodi Meadows
- Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer
- Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
- A Dawn Most Wicked by Susan Dennard
- Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
- Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins
- Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis
- Light by Michael Grant
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Blurred by Tara Fuller
- Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
- Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker
- Veiled Rose by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- A Midsummer Night Dream's by William Shakespeare
- Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab
- Mind Games by Kiersten White
- Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
- The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy
- Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
- Prodigy by Marie Lu
- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

Yay for summer!  Lots of free time for reading. :) My top five favorites:

1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman.  Such a wonderfully gorgeous book.  I love the descriptions of Paris and the amazing character growth and thought-provoking dialogue.  This is the kind of book that really makes you think about life.  Absolutely adored it.

2. Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone.  A lovely sequel to Time Between Us.  It's hard to find good time travel books, but these are amazing.  I love how this one explores the consequences of traveling through time and being in love with someone in a different time period.

3. Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer.  Gosh, this was good.  Brigid Kemmerer never fails to amaze me with her inventive stories and fantastic characters.  I just love the Merrick brothers so much.

4. Light by Michael Grant.  A mindblowing conclusion to the Gone series, Light is full of twists and turns (including the deaths of many favorite characters! *sob*), and yet still manages to tie things up with a perfect ending.

5. Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols.  Yay for books about country music!  Like all of Echols' books, there's a sweet romance and amazing character growth.  I'm seriously in love with this.  It's a great summer read.

Honorable mentions go to Prodigy and the two Sarah Dessen books I read!

What books have you read lately that you loved?

~ The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment