Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Broke and Bookish. Each week a new list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their choices. This week's topic is "Top Ten Authors in X Genre." I chose dystopian because there are so many great dystopians out there!
My Top Ten Favorite Dystopian Authors:
1. Suzanne Collins. This one's easy. She's one of the best writers out there and the Hunger Games series is so powerful and thrilling. Without a doubt she's number one!
2. Veronica Roth. I LOVE the Divergent series. Roth's books are packed with truth and emotion and are horrifyingly realistic. Once you start one of her books, it's impossible to put it down. She's created such an amazing dystopian world!
3. Lauren DeStefano. She wrote the Chemical Garden trilogy, and I just love to lose myself in her books. They are beautifully written and filled with gorgeous prose. Her books are absolutely enchanting. She is a writer with an amazing talent!
4. Lauren Oliver. I'm just sayin', this author has a knack for creating awful cliffhangers. Delirium ended with such a huge cliffhanger, and the same with Pandemonium! I'm anxiously awaiting the final book in the trilogy, Requiem. Anyway, she's definitely created a thrilling dystopinan world. Her stories are so imaginative and fun to read.
5. Michael Grant. Wow. There are no words for what an amazing writer he is. The Gone series just gets better and better with each book. His books blow me away and are deliciously creepy in the best possible way.
6. Ally Condie. This author will always hold a special place in my heart because her book, Matched, is the first dystopian I ever read, and it's still one of my favorites. I love her characters, the amazing world she's created, and her gorgeous writing. So good!
7. Tahereh Mafi. I was so excited to read Shatter Me when it came out last year, and it definitely lived up to my expectations! She's a fantastic writer. I love how Shatter Me has beautiful, delicate, almost poetic writing at some parts, and then later on we're faced with hardcore action and fighting. Tahereh Mafi's dystopian debut is incredible!
8. Veronica Rossi. Ohh, I loved Under the Never Sky so much. It was creative and unlike anything I've ever read. And her world-building was spectacular. I didn't want the book to end. I cannot wait to read the sequel.
9. Neal Shusterman. This guy is a genius. I'm not kidding. Unwind is a masterpiece and one of the best dystopians out there. The sequel UnWholly is almost as good as the first. His books are terrifying and such a thrill to read! Unforgettable.
10. Bethany Griffin. I loved every single page of The Masque of the Red Death. Beautiful and heartbreaking. Griffin's book stands out from others with its amazing setting. Her descriptions made me lose myself in the story and I didn't want it to end!
Other honorable mentions are Maria V. Snyder (Inside Out), Kiera Cass (The Selection), Kat Zhang (What's Left of Me), and Marie Lu (Legend).
Leave links to your top ten post in the comments! :)
~ The Bookworm