Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Broke and Bookish. Each week a new list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their choices. This week's topic is "Top Ten Favorite Kick-Butt Heroines."
My Top Ten Favorite Kick-Butt Heroines:
1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. Duh, of course she's number one. You can't find a heroine much tougher and better than Katniss. :)
2. Tris from Divergent. I seriously adore Tris. She's a fantastic heroine and I loved seeing her character transform into someone powerful and strong.
3. Alex from the Covenant series. Alex is sooo awesome! She never backs down and I love how she's so brave and stands up for what she believes in. And I love her snark and sarcasm. :D
4. Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Elisa has got to be one of my favorite YA characters ever. The journey she takes is just so heartwrenching and she goes through so much. She's amazing!
5. Katy from the Lux series. I just love Katy. What makes her character so cool is that she's a normal person - in fact, she's a book blogger, like lots of us, hehe! But as the series progresses, she learns to fight and protect herself. She's a great character who's easy to relate to!
6. Clara from Unearthly. Oh, I love Clara! She's sweet, hilarious, and such a fun character, but what I love best about her is that she's not afraid to do what's right. She learns to use her powers and becomes an amazing heroine.
7. Gabi from the River of Time series. Gabi is probably one of my favorite heroines ever. She's just your average teenage girl - unless she travels back in time to Italy and gets thrown into the middle of lots of fights and battles. I love how she had to learn to fight to stay alive!
8. Lena from Delirium. Okay, Lena was a great character in Delirium, but I felt like she really grew up in the sequel Pandemonium. I love the way she kept fighting even when there wasn't hope.
9. Ismae from Grave Mercy. She's a nun assassin, you guys. That's pretty cool. Seriously, she's sly, smart, tough, and clever, yet so easy to relate to. Ismae is a fascinating character! And let's be honest, I think we all wish we could be nun assasins like her. ;)
10. Evie from Paranormalcy. Oh, Evie is so fun! She's got the greatest sense of humor, but boy, she knows how to fight. I love how awesome she is. You can't help cheering for her!
A few other honorable mentions (because I have many favorite heroines and not enough room to list them all!) are Alina from Shadow and Bone, Ellie from Valkyrie Rising, Max from the Maxiumum Ride series, and Nikki from Everneath.
Like any of the heroines I've listed? Tell me in the comments and/or leave links to your Top Ten post! Thanks for stopping by, everyone!
~ The Bookworm