Last month I did a post about my favorite books of August, so I'm going to continue posting each month with a list of the books I read and my top picks. Here's my list of books read during September!
- Nevermore by James Patterson
- What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
- Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Defiance by C. J. Redwine
- The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan
- UnWholly by Neal Shusterman
- Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
- Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Wake by Amanda Hocking
- While He Was Away by Karen Schreck
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (author unknown)
- Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
- Squire by Tamora Pierce
- Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl
- Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
- Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
- Starling by Lesley Livingston
- Halflings by Heather Burch
- Guardian by Heather Burch
- Forgiven by Jana Oliver
- Origin by Jessica Khoury
- Beowulf (author unknown)
- Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
It's super hard to pick my favorites, because I read a lot of really good books this month. Here's my top 5!
1. Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. This is the sequel to The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and I think I love it even better than the first. Even though it's 400 pages long, I tore through it in two days. I literally could not put it down!
2. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris. This book was soo cute; I was grinning pretty much the whole time I was reading it! It takes place in Italy, it's about time travel, and there's cute boys. How can you not love it? :)
3. Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I will always love JLA's books, and Cursed is no exception. The story was amazing and I'm so disappointed that it is (currently) a standalone. I really hope JLA writes a sequel someday!
4. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang. I was blown away by this book; it was powerful, moving, and unlike anything I've ever read. I felt so much for Eva and Addie and everything they suffered. Kat Zhang is such a talented writer!
5. UnWholly by Neal Shusterman. Wow. This is the sequel to Unwind, and it's every bit as good as the first. The story was heartbreakingly beautiful and I was constantly anxious to know what would happen next. Neal Shusterman is a genius...I can't wait for the last installment in this trilogy.
*sigh* It was so hard to choose! Other close favorites were Defiance, Origin, and Spark.
What great books have you been reading lately? Please comment and tell me your recent favorites! :)
~ The Bookworm