This semester has been flying by! Finals are next week, and once that's over, I'm excited to post a couple more reviews for ARCs I read. For now, here are the books I read in November:
- Guy in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
- The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFavers
- The Sisters Who Would be Queen by Leanda de Lisle
- For Real by Alison Cherry
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
- Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Captive by Aimee Carter
Here's my top 3 favorites:
1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. Um, how is it that every book in this series keeps getting better and better? Heir of Fire was emotional, gripping, and action-packed. As always, Maas's writing style is brilliant and perfectly suited for fantasy books, an I was an awe over Celaena's character growth and the events of this book. Amazing!
2. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFavers. Like Heir of Fire, this fantasy book blew me away. I have so enjoyed reading this series and Mortal Heart was no exception. I was stunned by two amazing twists, and it was impossible not to root for the characters. I was glued to this book and I'm so glad I read it!
3. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. It had been a year and a half since I read the first book in this series, so I didn't remember a lot. I will say that I think I enjoyed the first book better, but this was still an impressive sequel. It took me a while to get into it and remember all the characters, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. There is some truly great writing, and I love how Yancey explores the gray areas of good and bad. And UGH the cliffhanger.
Shoutout to Captive for being utterly awesome! (And I'll have a review for it posted soon!)
What books have you enjoyed lately?