Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Top 3 Books of October 2014

October was a crazy month for me.  But after this next week, things will be slowing down for me.  And I will definitely have a couple reviews up this month - I have a couple books from Netgalley that need to be reviewed. :) So here are the books I read in October:

- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- Of Neptune by Anna Banks
- Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel
- The Jewel by Amy Ewing
- Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

My top three favorites:

1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.  I only picked this book up because of the hype, but I am SO glad that I did.  It's easily one of my favorite books that I've read lately.  The prose was beautiful; I reread so many lines that were so perfect, I was at a loss for words.  And the suspense!  Wow.  When I read the twist at the end, I just sat there in shock and had to rethink the whole story.  This is one of those books that you'll immediately want to reread.

2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.  I did not have high expectations for this book, since I didn't really care for the author's previous book Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.  But wow, did I love this one!  It's everything that a great contemporary novel should be.  I loved the main character's growth throughout the story, and the introspective writing style.  Such a lovely read.

3. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan.  I feel like I've been waiting for this book forever, and I'm happy to say that it was amazing!  There's a proper ending for each of the characters we love so much, and thankfully not too much heartbreak.  The only thing I disliked was that I wanted the points of view for Percy or Annabeth, but oh well.  Still a fantastic conclusion!

What books have you enjoyed lately?

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment