This post is a bit belated, thanks to a history exam and an essay I have due this week, but here goes!
These are the books I read in September:
- The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen
- The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
- Frozen by Erin Bowman
- Stay With Me by J. Lynn
My top three:
1. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I had major expectations for this book - it felt like I'd been waiting to read it for so long! It was absolute perfection. Isla is so adorkable and Josh is such a sweetheart and together they made a wonderful couple. I also love that their relationship isn't perfect and it has its ups and downs - it's a realistic yet cute romance!
2. The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols. This book was a total guilty pleasure read, but I just loved it. It was the perfect escapist read, and there was not a moment that I was bored - funny lines were flying every which way and the main character had the funniest sense of humor. Sometimes it's a nice break for the mind to read a predictable but entertaining story. :)
3. Stay With Me by J. Lynn. Wow, so my top three books for the past month were all contemporary romances! What can I say, they're so fun to read. Stay With Me was so brilliant; it was the perfect combination of romance and suspense. And the love interest Jax is totally swoon-worthy - he's the sweetest guy ever. Loved this one!
What books have you enjoyed recently?