Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Top 5 Books of May 2014

Thanks to the fact that I'm taking the SATs next weekend, I've been going crazy studying and haven't been reading as much.  But the good news is: I'm done with school!  Once the SATs are over, I will finally be done with studying and I am SO excited to dive back into the many books I'm dying to read.  Here's what I read in May:

- United We Spy by Ally Carter
- The Warrior by Victoria Scott
- All That Glows by Ryan Graudin
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
- The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
- Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
- The One by Kiera Cass
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Avalon by Mindee Arnett
- Infinityglass by Myra McEntire
- Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
- My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal
- Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

My top five books:

1. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi.  It's been two and a half years since I started this trilogy, and I've gotten so much more critical as a reader since then, so I was afraid that I wouldn't love this book as much as I wanted to.  But it totally exceeded my expectations.  Veronica Rossi is an insanely talented author.  This was one of the rare books this month that I absolutely couldn't put down.  Creative and thrilling, it's the perfect conclusion to the Under the Never Sky trilogy.

2. The Warrior by Victoria Scott.  This is another trilogy I'm going to miss, and The Warrior was easily my favorite out of the series.  There were moments that made me laugh as well as moments that made me want to cry.  The cast of characters is so endearing and memorable, and I'm still blown away by a couple of the great twists and the action-packed battle at the end.  Love this series!

3. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead.  SQUEE.  This book was basically nothing but Adrian feels.  We finally get his point-of-view as well as Sydney's, and ohmygosh I just love him so much.  He and Sydney are so wonderful as a couple, and as always, Adrian has some of the best lines ever.  And that cliffhanger ending was brutal.  I'm dying for the next book to come out.

4. My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal.  I honestly didn't know what to expect from this book, but it ended up being way better than I thought it'd be.  It reminded me a lot of Pretty Little Liars, with all the high school drama.  The writing was perfect, with just the right amount of description, and the main character's voice was so distinct.  I was also surprised that I didn't predict all the twists.  I had my suspicions on several different characters, but I couldn't guess for sure which one was guilty.  Definitely a suspenseful and engaging read!

5. The One by Kiera Cass.  This series is such a guilty pleasure of mine.  I wholeheartedly admit that it's full of flaws, but Maxon and America are adorable and I can't help shipping them.  I liked that this wasn't just focused on the romance, and that we also got to see some more action.  And the author surprised me by actually killing off a couple characters. *sniffle* Overall, an entertaining and fluffy read.  I'm going to miss this series!  

Honorable mentions to Landry Park and Infinityglass!

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment