Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Interview with Author Ichabod Temperance

Today I have an interview with author Ichabod Temperance to share!  First, you can find his author bio, information about his books, and links to purchase his books below.

Author Bio:

Ichabod Temperance is a silly little fellow residing in beautiful Irondale, Alabama, along with his lovely muse, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, and their furry pack family.

Books:
 
Summary:
 
In a past that never was...

The year is 1869. Earth experiences the close pass of a comet never before seen. In its wake, many of Terra's inhabitants find themselves changed. Among men, prodigies rise in unprecedented numbers, while many ordinary adults suddenly find themselves possessed of preternatural genius. Likewise, non-hominid animals become self-aware and intelligent.

Fast forward to 1875. A young “comet prodigy” from humble beginnings, Ichabod Temperance, has become the world's foremost inventor. He travels to England to deliver his latest brilliant invention to a famous explorer, until Fate intervenes. Meanwhile, a lovely young Bluestocking, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, survives an experimental accident only to find herself imbued with a power she can neither understand nor control, while dark forces and malevolent creatures pursue her, leaving a gruesome wake of death.

Yet, worse is to come. The naïve young inventor and the lovely intellectual find themselves fighting not only to save their own lives, but to prevent the destruction of all life on Earth.

 
Summary:
 

It is New Year's Eve, 1875. In this humorously told Steampunk tale, adventure-prone Ichabod Temperance and his lovely sweetheart, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, once again find themselves swept up into a whirlwind of misadventure and international catastrophe. The entire world totters on the brink of war, as various nations develop arsenals of dreadful power. It seems as though every nation on Earth lusts for Empire. A sinister plot boils to change the course of human history. Along with a remarkable cast of characters, including sapient animals and clockwork men, our heroes find themselves plunged into unimaginable peril!

Purchase links:

A Matter of Temperance

A World of Intemperance

Interview:

1. What made you choose to write about steampunk?

Ichabod-
     I was introduced to the idea of steampunk when I landed an opportunity to do some stunt work on an independent film. "Engines of Destiny" is a sweeping, no-budget, steampunk epic. The impression I got of steampunk from the movie was a charming retelling of science fictions roots. From my wonderful castmates, and the fantastic things I have had the opportunity to do in the film, I decided to embrace the concept of steampunk. My house was halfway steampunk anyway. I was directed to the website "The Steampunk Empire". Here, an individual is encouraged to develop a wildly imaginative steampunk persona. With a persona, it is only natural to develop a backstory. Thus, Ichabod Temperance was born.

2. Whe did you decide to become a writer?

Ichabod-
    One of my castmates, a wonderful gentleman by the name of Arthur Hinds, had a long standing profile on the Steampunk Empire site. His home page contained a blog entry adventure. It was fantastic! Reading his story gave me the inspiration to give it a try myself. Please understand, I have never desired to write before. But I talked over a few ideas with my lovely companion, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, and we decided to give it a go. We joined the Steampunk Empire at the first of February, 2013. I started on my blog adventure in the last week of February. So as of this writing, I have been a writer for nine months.
   I am still knocking off some of my amateurish ways! I started just to amuse myself and my friends. I have a tendency to play as I write. Sometimes, what I may perceive as charming, that is, inappropriate capitalizations, sentence fragments, and imaginative spellings, might be perceived as an annoyance to a practiced reviewer. I am remedying that situation as we speak!

3. How did you get the idea for "A Matter of Temperance"?

Ichabod-
    While developing my steampunk persona, the weaponry used fascinated me. The unusual weapon my character develops in the adventure is actually the catalyst for the whole premise. But I really did not think I could put two words together until I had my opening line. "The rumbling purr of an impossibly big cat thrums through my body." I thought, Hey, that's not a bad line. I have not stopped since. It took a little over three weeks to write the blog adventure. Miss Plumtartt and I thought we had a pretty good novel on our hands. We put the blog together into a novel and formatted it for kindle.

4. What is your solution for writer's block?

Ichabod-
    I have not really been a writer long enough to have suffered from this malady yet. At this time, I have plenty of ideas. I have been involved with a side writing project, though. It is almost over, and I intend to kick butt in my next book.

5. What are some of your favorite books you've read this year?

Ichabod-
    I have always enjoyed perfect eyesight. Until the last few years, that is, when I found my arms growing shorter! Reading had become more and more difficult. But the discovery of e-readers has saved reading for me. It makes reading so much easier. My normal fare in reading is of the thriller style, but I have found myself gravitating towards my favorites of when I was young. I've been rereading a lot of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes of late, and H. G. Wells' "War of the Worlds".
 

Be sure to check out Ichabod's books on Amazon and Goodreads!

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment