Each month, I post a list of the books I've read and what my top five favorite books of the month were. Here's the books I read in October!
- Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
- Secret Letters by Leah Scheier
- Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
- Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan
- Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Auracle by Gina Rosati
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
- Taken at Dusk by C. C. Hunter
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Hidden by Sophie Jordan
- Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard
- Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (I was actually rereading this one!)
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
I read a lot of books during October that I like to refer to as "meh." They were neither good nor bad, just okay-ish. Fortunately, there were a few books that I really loved, so here's my top five!
1. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. If you spend enough time on my blog, you'll discover that I adore JLA's books. Half-Blood is pure awesomeness! It was a thrill ride of a novel and I thought the Greek mythology aspect was utter genius. And Alex and Aiden? If there was an award for two characters who need to be a couple, they would totally win it! Can't wait to read more about them in the rest of the series!
2. Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. Another mythology book. This story is guaranteed to put a smile on your face with the hilarious Tucker Halloway and the sweet yet feisty heroine, Ellie. (And Loki is in it! Yes, THE Loki, god of mischief.) Just read this book, okay?! It's epic!
3. Auracle by Gina Rosati. What a fun read! The premise is so unique and refreshing and I couldn't wait to turn the page and find out what would happen next. This was an exhilarating, exciting, and unputdownable book! Not to mention the great cast of characters.
4. Enchanted by Alethea Kontis. Aww, I just love fairytale retellings. And this book is just as enchanting as the title suggests. :) Sweet and magical, this is one spellbinding story that fantasy lovers won't want to miss out on!
5. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi. I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this through a contest on the author's blog, and I absolutely adored it. Fans of the first book will not be disappointed! This sequel is heartbreaking, action-packed, and flat-out amazing. I'll be writing a review eventually!
Honorable mention goes to Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi. I admit that I didn't find Warner that attractive in Shatter Me, but I kind of sort of fell for him in Destroy Me. Reading this novella from his POV and finding out so much more about his character and background is just heartbreaking. I can't wait for Unravel Me to come out!
So those are my latest reads/recommendations. What new books have you discovered recently? Please leave a comment and mention some books you've just read and loved, or tell me if you've read any of the books on my list!
*Just wanted to remind my followers that I probably won't be posting till next week! NaNoWriMo is going great so far but it's keeping me busy!
~ The Bookworm