Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Top 5 Books of November 2013

Whoa.  It's December - Christmas is actually coming soon.  It's hard to believe.  I'm hoping Christmas break means I'll have lots more reading time.  And good news: I finished my 2013 reading challenge of 250 books recently!  Fingers crossed I can hit 275 by 2014.  Here's the books I read in November:

- Timepiece by Myra McEntire
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
- Alienated by Melissa Landers
- Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
- Fates by Lanie Bross
- Ink is Thicker Than Water by Amy Spalding
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
- Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- Linked by Imogen Howson
- Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
- Belladonna by Fiona Paul
- The Liberator by Victoria Scott
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

My top 5 favorites:

1. Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano.  This book is so magical.  It captured my heart with its gorgeous prose and heartbreaking story.  There are SO many quotes I loved.  I adore all of this author's books and yet, if possible, this one is even better than her previous books.  I'm dying to get my hands on the sequel.

2. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry.  There's something positively addicting about McGarry's contemporary books.  This one is no exception.  I was swept away in this heart-pounding story about love and family.  It might have lots of drama and insta-love, two things I usually dislike, but I don't even care one bit because McGarry just writes it so well.  Completely loved this book.

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.  Well, I could tell just by the title that I'd love this, and luckily I was right.  I love what this book is about: college, fanfiction, and love.  Does it get any better?  I think not.  As a high school junior who's been in "college mode" (i.e. writing essays, visiting colleges, searching for scholarships) the past few months, I loved reading about the introverted main character's experience at college and how to slowly grow up and live life on her own.  Highly recommended.

4. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke.  A thrilling, shiver-inducing supernatural mystery, this book is all kinds of creepy.  And that's why I loved it.  Plus, there's something about the writing.  The descriptions of the setting are full of charm and the writing is full of lines you'll reread over and over, pondering their truth and meaning.  This book is a wild and unconventional YA novel.  I can't wait for the sequel.

5. Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill.  This author is always great if you're looking for a delightfully lighthearted story, and this book is just so much fun.  It has a really cute premise and it'll keep you flipping the pages.  I giggled and swooned multiple times while reading.  Without a doubt, this book will put a smile on your face.

Honorable mentions to Alienated, Eleanor and Park, and The Liberator!

What books did you read recently that you loved?  Have you finished your 2013 reading challenge yet?

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment