Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.  Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign."

My Top Ten:

1.

Loved this book, but the cover's disappointing.  I think the colors and design are just overall kind of boring.

2.

I disliked this cover right away, although it is growing on me a bit.  Personally I think it's too plain.  I preferred the other covers in this series with their bright, eye-catching covers.

3.

Meh.  Not a big fan of this cover.  It would more accurately represent the book if the cover gave off more of a whimsical, fairytale vibe. 

4.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I can't stand this cover.  I hate the blurry, faded look, and I think the girl's bangs are hideous.

5.


Sometimes, I really like covers where the title is printed in big letters across the page.  But Ten's cover is just so dull.  The font is so boring!  The island, at least, fits the book well, but I can't get past the ugly font.

6.

Again, I think this is a cover most people love, but I can't stand it.  If not for the great reviews, I never would have picked up this book (thankfully I did, and now it's an all-time favorite!).  I like the purple sparkly background, but that's it.

7.

Confession: for the longest time, I simply could not figure out what was supposed to be on the cover.  (I know, I know. *smacks head*)  When it finally hit me that it was a silhouette of the girl's face, I was plain-out annoyed.  I so wish the cover was something easier on the eyes and more attention-grabbing.

8.

Love this book to death, but that cover is terrible.  I adore the covers for Prodigy and Champion, the later books in the series, but I've never been able to like Legend's cover.  I hate the colors so much.  I wish it was as pretty and colorful as the other covers for this series.

9.

I don't really like this cover, or the newly redesigned cover.  Same problem I had with Unremembered - I'm not a fan of the faded look.  I think the way the two images are blended is just weird-looking.

10.

Ugh.  This wouldn't be such a terrible cover if they had just redesigned the girl.  I mean, look at how awkward her position is.  Her posture is just painful to look at.  Definitely not a fan of this one.


What's on your TTT?  Leave a link to your blog in the comments!

~ Kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. My problem with the cover of Ten is that the island just looks kinda wrong to me, too small I guess. I like the font on that one, because it's simple and doesn't draw away the attention from the island too much. Also, one thing that makes it less boring is the subtle red gradient!

    I agree with you on most of these though (except The Forsaken, that one's just gorgeous). And can I just comment on the horrible font on those Jennifer L. Armentrout books?! It looks like someone just chose the first script font they found and put the text on with MS Paint. Ugh.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete